Monday, October 1, 2007

I wonder...

I was thinking this morning about regret. I wonder if we regret more the things we do in life that are failures or the things we never did and wish we would have. I think of all of the students who have graduated from High School under me, and how many of them say, "I wish I would have taken the time to share Jesus with people." None of them say, I wish I wouldn't have gone to that party, although they probably wish they hadn't - what sticks out to them are the things they could have done for God, but were afraid to.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my. I don't know, but initially I think I regret more the mistakes I have made than the things I haven't done. But I'd have to think about it more.

You can call me Kentolla said...

actually, that is true innitially - there was a study done on this by two Cornell social psychologists. Their findings said that if you asked someone this week what they regretted about this week, they would tell you all the things they did, but if you asked them the things they regretted about their life, it would the things they didn't do.
-the book I'm reading got me thinking about this subject...

Trinket said...

I try not to regret things too much -- things are as they are at this point -- but when I ponder life, I seem to regret the things I didn't do more than the things I've done.

the quammunists said...

I regret everything equally excessively.
m.