Thursday, January 4, 2007

Sing Songy..

Wish washy, pish posh, ding dong, sling shot, billy goat... These words all come to mind this morning. Mostly cause I like the way they roll off the old tongue. I wish thoughts rolled out of your head like words roll from your lips. I am a thinker, not a great thinker, not a mediocre thinker, just a plan ol simple, can't get it out of my mind thinker. I analyse and criticize and chew and swallow and chew again. Sometimes this is a good thing, keeps me finding new ways to do things. Sometimes this is bad, keeps me from doing anything. Sometimes it makes me dwell on what needs no dwelling. And sometimes I can't help but look at the moon and wonder about all the grandness of God who shines a light even in the darkness. This morning it is my darkness that needs the light. It is not the kind of darkness the scripture speaks of, rather it is some sort of uncertainty some mystery within that seeks to break forth. There are ages and times when you deal more closely with these things. Where your inner man trys to break it's bonds and the Spirit within trys to free you. I think 28 in the winter must be one of those times for me. I will not bemoan this time, I will not grieve its existence. It is good to be at unrest and unsettled. It is good to not trust yourself. It is necessary for freedom and faith, belief and undoing. My darkness, my void, my inside man only seems to focus the light for me. I may not see God much clearer, but now I see that He can be seen clearer. And so I will let the good times roll, free my lips to sing songs and my heart to praise with lifted hands. I will find power in truth and justice, in Gods honor and glory and grace...

1 comment:

nattyman said...

4:20 AM! Try a sleeping pill dude, too early in the morning to be thinking :-)