Tuesday, November 13, 2007

For Those U2 Lovers...

If you are not on Facebooka and iLike, you would not have ever known, except that I love you all... Hah... This is something totally new in the music industry - Bono is changing how things are done... I like how he can't remember all of the lyrics... Hah. You will dig this video if you haven't seen it yet...
You may have to sign up for a Facebook and add iLike, but it is worth it.
Maybe Bono will read your comment...

------------------

Dear iLike user on Facebook,

I'm writing to tell you about an amazing video clip that U2 has just posted on iLike - it means a lot to me and I think it's a little bit of rock'n'roll history.

(Forgive me for the mass email -- we've never done this before. I've included my email address below if you want to contact me.)

Today, U2 used iLike to post a personal message from Bono, singing - and talking us through - "Wave of Sorrow". It's a track that U2 demoed during sessions for The Joshua Tree in 1987. Just recently Bono laid down vocals for the song and it will be released for the first time next week on the remastered release of The Joshua Tree. As Bono plays us the track, he also tells the powerful story of the song. I found it quite moving!

>>> Watch the video of Bono singing "Wave of Sorrow" and leave your feedback.

Since we started iLike a year ago, our vision has been to bring people together through music. As others follow U2's lead, this could transform how artists connect with fans. To get concert alerts & content from other artists, tell us which artists you like.

Sincerely,
Hadi Partovi, co-founder, iLike
hadip@ilike-inc.com

p.s. On a personal note, I was in the room when this video was filmed. My brother recorded it on his cameraphone. Now that's a memory to treasure!


---
iLike rarely ever sends mass email, and we respect your privacy
To learn more or to stop receiving these emails, click here.

No comments: